SouthCare Animal Medical Center is pleased to offer routine and advanced veterinary surgical services to our clients. Our veterinary team is highly skilled and experienced in performing a wide variety of surgeries under the safest anesthetic protocols, monitoring, and post-surgical care available.
Our Veterinary Surgical Services
Our elective and soft-tissue surgeries include:
- Spays and neuters
- Anal sacculectomy
- Tumor and mass removal
- Abdominal and intestinal surgeries
- Foreign body removal
- Wound and laceration repairs
- Cruciate ligament repairs
- Patellar luxation
- Fracture and dislocation repairs
In addition to offering routine and advanced veterinary surgeries, we also offer companion laser therapy as an effective, non-invasive alternative to surgery, in some cases.
Our Surgical Policies & Procedures
Prior to your pet’s scheduled surgery we will require a pre-surgical visit. During this time, we will:
- Perform a complete physical examination
- Complete pre-anesthesia blood work and other diagnostics, as needed
- Administer vaccination updates, as needed
- Discuss the surgical procedure in depth and answer any questions you may have
In preparation for surgery:
- Please do not feed your pet after 8 p.m. (unless otherwise directed) the day before surgery (however, is it okay for them to drink water)
- On the morning of the surgery we ask that you please drop your pet off between 7:15 a.m. and 7:45 a.m.
- Your pet will receive a complete physical and any needed blood work
- Digital x-rays [link to page] and other diagnostics, as needed, will be taken
- If your pet has been given any medications in the 24 hours prior to surgery or requires daily medications, please let us know
- Our post-surgical care includes careful monitoring and fluids as your pet recovers from anesthesia, as well as ongoing pain management
- Once your pet has recovered, you will receive a complete status update, including post-operative care instructions
Providing compassionate care is a goal we take seriously. Ensuring your pet’s comfort and safety is a priority for us, and we use a number of pain management methods to achieve this during surgery. Through the use of medications including anesthetics and laser therapy, we can significantly manage and reduce pain, and other adverse side effects often associated with surgery. Post-surgical methods we utilize also include physical therapy and at-home medications.