Just as in humans, cancer can pose significant health threats to all pets, particularly as they age. This is why we work closely with our clients, using the most up-to-date oncology advice and treatments, to diagnose cancer as early as possible, and to find the care options that are right for your pet.
Signs Your Pet May Have Cancer
- Masses and abnormal swelling
- Wounds or sores that won’t heal
- Abnormal discharges and body odors
- Weight loss
- Changes in appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- Loss of stamina/ lethargy
- Changes in your pet’s urinary and bowel habits
Common Pet Cancers
- Mast cell tumors
- Soft tissue sarcoma
- Oral cancer
- Bone cancer
- Mammary gland cancer
- Skin cancer
Why Choose Us for Your Pet’s Oncology Care?
At SouthCare, our veterinarians have years of experience in treating a variety of pet cancers and work continuously through ongoing training and education to stay abreast of the latest in cancer treatment options. We also work closely with several oncology specialists to treat rare or more advanced cancer cases.
- Our Cancer Services
- Radiation treatment referrals
- Cancer staging and counseling
- Pain management
- Mass (tumor) surgery
- Cytopathology and histopathology
We understand that dealing with cancer can be a difficult experience for you and your pet. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you in obtaining the best oncology care possible.